click( ) is a predefined method of Selenium WebDriver Class which can also be used to select Check box option.
Lets implement the following Test as explained using the comments on the below screenshot:
Lets Implement This:
1. Create a new Java Project say 'WebDriver-Project6' in Eclipse IDE
2. Configure the Project to work with Selenium WebDriver
3. Create a package say 'package6' under the newly created project.
4. Create a Java Class file say 'Class6' under the newly created package as shown below:
1. Write the following code into the newly created Java Class file as shown below and make sure that you resolve all the errors before going to next step:
2. The above code will create a Selenium WebDriver object, Launch a new Firefox Browser session, opens the http://book.theautomatedtester.com/chapter1 page in the Browser window and finally it maximizes the Browser window as shown below:
3. Now lets write Selenium WebDriver code for selecting the check box option in chapter1 page as explained in the above Test Description by following the below steps:
4. Using FireBug options, Inspect the check box and identify the locator after observing the below code in the below screenshot:
5. After seeing the above html code in the screenshot, its very clear that we've to identify the check box button using NAME locator i.e. using name=selected(1234) in this case.
6. Also we've to use the above NAME locator in the Selenium WebDriver Command which is used to select the specified check box. _driver.findElement(By.name("Name LOCATOR")).click(); is the syntax we've to use for selecting the specified locator.
Lets understand the _driver.findElement(By.name("Name LOCATOR")).click(); syntax by breaking it as below:
7. So after understanding the things in step5 and step6, its very clear that we've to write _driver.findElement(By.name("selected(1234)").click(); to select the check box option as shown below:
8. Run the Test using JUnit Test as shown below:
9. After the test has run completely, observe that the check box option got selected as shown below:
Watch the below video:
Click here to watch the video.
Download this Project:
Click here to download this project and import into Eclipse IDE on your machine.
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.