click( ) is a predefined method of Selenium WebDriver Class which can also be used to select Radio buttons.
Lets implement the following Test as explained using the comments on the below screenshot:
Lets Implement This:
1. Create a new Java Project say 'WebDriver-Project5' in Eclipse IDE
2. Configure the Project to work with Selenium WebDriver
3. Create a package say 'package5' under the newly created project.
4. Create a Java Class file say 'Class5' under the newly created package as shown below:
1. Write the following code into the newly created Java Class file as shown below and make sure that you resolve all the errors before going to next step:
2. The above code will create a Selenium WebDriver object, Launch a new Firefox Browser session, opens the http://book.theautomatedtester.com/chapter1 page in the Browser window and finally it maximizes the Browser window as shown below:
3. Now lets write Selenium WebDriver code for select the radio button in chapter1 page as explained in the above Test Description by following the below steps:
4. Using FireBug options, Inspect the radio button and identify the locator after observing the below code in the below screenshot:
5. After seeing the above html code in the screenshot, its very clear that we've to identify the radio button using ID locator i.e. using id=radiobutton in this case.
6. Also we've to use the above ID locator in the Selenium WebDriver Command which is used to select the specified radio button. _driver.findElement(By.id("Locator ID")).click(); is the syntax we've to use for selecting the specified locator.
Lets understand the _driver.findElement(By.id("ID LOCATOR")).click(); syntax by breaking it as below:
7. So after understanding the things in step5 and step6, its very clear that we've to write _driver.findElement(By.id("radiobutton")).click(); to select the radio button as shown below:
8. Run the Test using JUnit Test as shown below:
9. After the test has run completely, observe that the radio button got selected as shown below:
Watch the below video: