As we've already discussed the advantage of @BeforeClass over the @BeforeMethod TestNG Annotation and also the advantage of @AfterClass over the @AfterMethod TestNG annotation in our previous post. Lets implement the @BeforeClass and @AfterClass TestNG annotations.
As part of Refactoring the Selenium Automation Code we've to use @BeforeClass and @AfterClass TestNG annotations instead of @BeforeMethod and @AfterMethod TestNG annotation.
Lets Implement This: (i.e. Implementing @BeforeClass and @AfterClass TestNG annotations)
1. Lets view the code containing the @BeforeMethod and @AfterMethod TestNG annotations as shown below:
2. Replace the @BeforeMethod TestNG annotation with @BeforeClass TestNG annotation as shown below:
3. Replace the @AfterMethod TestNG annotation with @AfterClass TestNG annotation as shown below:
4. Save and Run the 'Class79.java' file by selecting the 'TestNG' option as shown below:
5. In this case, Observe that the Firefox Browser has launched only once for performing the above three tests as shown in the below video.
Watch the Below Video:
Click Here to watch the Video
Download this Project:
Click here to download this project and import into Eclipse IDE on your machine.
Other TestNG annotations:
As we have gone through the below basic TestNG annotations:
The below remaining TestNG annotations will be explained when the need arrives:
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
Creating testing.xml configuration file will be explained in the next post.