selectByIndex( ) command can be used to select the list option from the Drop Down field using the specified Index of the List Option.
Index value starts from 0.
In order to use the selectByIndex( ) command, we have to create an object for Select class of selenium as shown below:
Select select = new Select(_driver.findElement(By.cssPath("CSS Path of Drop Down field")));
After creating an object for Select Class, you can get the selectByIndex( ) predefined method of Select Class by using its object select as shown below:
select.selectByIndex(0); -> This will select the first list option from the Drop Down field
Understand the test description by reading the comments mentioned on the below screenshot:
Lets Implement This:
1. Create a new Java Project say 'WebDriver-Project51' in Eclipse IDE
2. Configure the Project to work with Selenium WebDriver
3. Create a package say 'package51' under the newly created project.
4. Create a Java Class file say 'Class51' under the newly created package as shown below:
1. Write the following code into the newly created Java Class file as shown below and make sure that you resolve all the errors before going to next step:
2. Write the test method 'selectByIndexDemo( )' which uses CSS Path Statement for locating the Drop Down field as shown below:
3. Save and Run the 'Class51.java' file by selecting the 'JUnit Test' option and ensure that our Automation Test has selected the list option with index 0 (i.e. First list option) from the Drop Down field as shown in the below video:
Watch the below video:
Click here to watch the video.
Download this Project:
Click here to download this project and import into Eclipse IDE on your machine.
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
Using selectByValue( ) command with Drop Down field will be explained in the next post.