isSelected( ) is the Selenium WebDriver Predefined Method, which is used to get the status of the radio buttons and check box options.
isSelected( ) predefined method returns true if the radio button or the check box is selected else it will return false.
Lets Implement the Test on Eclipse IDE:
1. Create a new Project say 'WebDriver-Project37' in Eclipse IDE
2. Configure the Project to work with Selenium WebDriver
3. Create a package say 'package37' under the newly created project.
4. Create a Java Class file say 'Class37' under the newly created package as shown below:
1. Write the following code into the newly created Java Class file as shown below and make sure that you resolve all the errors before going to next step:
2. Write the test method 'isSelectedMethodDemo()' which uses CSS Path Statements for locating the checkbox1 and checkbox3 options as shown below:
3. Save and Run the 'Class37.java' file by selecting the 'JUnit Test' option and ensure that our Automation Test has selected the checkbox option 'checkbox1' which is in not checked state and deselected the checkbox option 'checkbox3' which is in checked state as shown in the below video:
Watch the below video:
Click here to watch the video.
Download this Project:
Click here to download this project and import into Eclipse IDE on your machine.
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
Using click( ) command to select a radio button will be explained in the next post.