1. Launch Selenium IDE from the Firefox Browser -> Tools Menu
2. Ensure that the record option on the Selenium IDE is turned on by default
3. Open http://book.theautomatedtester.co.uk in the Firefox Browser
4. Click on the 'Chapter2' link as shown below:
10. Ensure that you have already installed FirePath Addon for FireFire Browser, if not go through the my earlier Post# 5 Install FirePath Addon for FireFox to install it
11. And also go through my earlier Post# 6 How to use Firepath if you dont know how to use Firepath
12. Click on 'Firepath' tab on the FireBug options Pane as shown below:
15. Copy the displayed CSS Value in the above step
16. Click on the blank space after the existing commands in the Selenium IDE as shown below:
18. Hence css=.mainheading is the locator we've to use in the Selenium WebDriver Automation Test Script for locating the'Selenium: Beginners Guide' heading text in the above screenshots.
Example of Selenium WebDriver Automation Test Using css=.mainheading css locator:
Please comment below to feedback or ask questions.
How to find the locators for identifying the UI elements using the Selenium IDE's recording feature will be explained in the next post.